Sunday 9 October 2011

Eliminate The Thankfulness Deficit

When I am lost in my own little world, I find ungratefulness and selfishness to be attitudes that really move me away from a thankful heart towards a 'Ryan is a victim' mindset.  Obviously, this does not help matters.  I look to justify my negative attitude by citing the wrongs against me.  I have found this process to do nothing but hurt me, and those around me.  It drags them down too.  I am slowly learning (and well under way) that when adversity comes, a powerful way to handle and eventually bring change is by being thankful.  In business, it's hard to be and remain a victim of circumstance when I develop a thankful mindset.  I am continually looking for things to be thankful for, finding thankfulness to be a foundation on which I solve problems in business.  When was the last time you saw a child get spoiled, only to look at their friends treat or toy, and cry for that too?  When we are thankful for what we have, we are able to allow that other child to enjoy their toy.  Hmmm, I wonder if we can extend this analogy to politics and program spending?  I dare think so. I encourage you today to begin speaking words of thankfulness, even if your situation is challenging, for when you do, words of gratitude and life come out of your mouth and become a foundation on which you view your challenges.  I have learned that we create life with our mouth and would truly expect good things to come our way.  Create words of life today and eliminate this thankfulness deficit in Canada, for when we do, we are well on our way to go after the fiscal deficit. 

I am ever so thankful for my beautiful wife and precious girls! I am thankful for limbs that work, a mind that thinks and a family that loves me.  What are you thankful for?



Alexis is 3. I am so thankful she loves life!
Call it "thanks-getting": thankful I get to be a dad!
Sadie just turned 2 and is filled with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think of how you can make your point and be respectful.
Try to keep cursing to a minimum; with thanks.

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain